Monday, October 11, 2010

Adaptation Theory


My first conversation I conducted was between my best friend kat who is going to school in Florida. We are both going through similar situations with guys and long distance relationships. My second conversation was with my mom who does not know too much information but knows how I feel and tries to give her view upon it from a mother’s perspective. My third conversation was then between myself and I containing my thoughts, and the thoughts from my best friend and my mother. I noticed that my best friend Kat took it to heart. Her tone of voice was really sad and low, you can tell she was very upset with the situation and how hard it is to try and keep a long distance relationship. If her words weren’t obvious enough… when we Skyped her facial expression seemed to be not like her usual perky self, including her gesturing (which was toned down). We both felt the same way, and both of us feeded off of one another, from our voice, to facial expressions and even how we carried ourselves through the day. On the other hand, when speaking to my mom I could not show her how down I was, and I also couldn’t not use certain words with my mom that I would use with my best friend Kat. Let alone, mothers usually do not know too many details like a best friend would. However, when I spoke to my mother I talked with a different tone, I noticed she seemed concerned but tried to show me her view upon it by saying that “you two left on a good note and it is always best to leave it on a good note” “Live your life and know if it was meant to be it will happen”. You can see the situation between Kat and my mother is very different. My last conversation was with myself, which I noticed to be more open, simple, very quick conversations with a mild tone voice, but did not use any gesturing what’s’ so ever. I saw that in all three conversations there were slight adjustments with the people I was talking to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment